Tuesday, July 23, 2013



It has been far too long and my excuses are unworthy. I live in Oregon again and it's a little disconcerting but mostly beautiful. Bad days are cured with taking a step outside and breathing in deep, rare craft beers are sold at the grocery store at the bottom of the hill, and nothing is more stunning than the way the sun hits the trunks of the pines and makes them glow when it starts to set. I am trying to remember all of that and more but this transition from living in a big city by myself to sleeping in my childhood bedroom every night makes it hard to stay positive. I don't know what I want to do with my life. Write, probably. But to succeed in writing takes a great deal of self-discipline and I lost mine somewhere between finishing college and losing my very first grown-up job. It's strange because sometimes I do want to put time into things. I never ever struggle when it comes to keeping up with a cute boy and I am more than happy to put the majority of an hour into accessorizing. But work? When it's called work? I think I've lost my spark. So here I am blogging again because that has always made me happy and there is nothing anyone is better at than talking about themselves. I'll talk about fashion, too, of course. And my dog and makeup and how much dating makes me want to crawl under my bed and never leave. Oh, the lifestyle blog. Everyone has them and no one wants to read them. 

I have to get ready for work but please oh please watch this space. Love to the lot of you. Always. 

1 comment: