Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Take a deep breath.


You're having a rough day. You feel like you're in a rut. You're bored. You're blaming yourself for something. You're homesick. You're heartbroken. You miss the way things used to be. You're stressed. Everything is piling up and you are losing sleep. You're lonely. You feel like you have no one to talk to. Something has got you hurting and you are feeling like you are in a hopeless situation. Here's the thing, sugar - You aren't. It's not hopeless. It will pass. These feelings will pass. No matter what it is that's left you like this, I can promise you it isn't permanent. You are far too intelligent, kind, and beautiful for things to not go your way. I'm sure of it.

I'm going to share some links with you. They range from silly to sensible and they're some of my favorites to look at when I'm feeling down in the dumps. Alright hun - it's time to stop frowning and start clicking.

Why I Hate Snark by Sarah Wilson. I love this article so much. And Sarah Wilson is amazing - just read a few entries on her blog and you'll understand/be incredibly inspired.

This. And this. Also, this.

I Don't Care How Smart You Are. This is one of my favorite articles ever. Truly. It's a read that will bring you back down to earth but also make you want to stand and cheer in agreement.

Valentine's Day has come and gone, but this article is still pretty rad. Another favorite article from the same blog, Alone At A Party, has long been a favorite of mine. Imboycrazy can be pretty racy, which you'll realize from the get-go, but that hasn't stopped me from reading it loyally for the last year or so. Alexi is the first word on tough love.

On my old blog, I once wrote about how much I adore Apocalypstick. Aimee herself commented on that entry saying that she liked my blog, too, and I about passed out from excitement. Since we're working on picking ourselves out of our ruts, let me direct you to this article.

Slaughterhouse 90210 is pretty fabulous. Case in point: this, this, this, this, this, this, aaaand this.

Read this one from start to finish. Soon you'll be giggling so much you'll forget you were ever sad.

Last but not least, Hot Guys Reading Books. You're welcome.

Now go make yourself a cup of tea and listen to some Best Coast. It's hard right now, I know, but there is an end in sight to this darkness. A year from now, you will look back on this point and be proud of yourself for how much stronger it made you. You are loved and you can handle this.

image via We Heart It

No comments:

Post a Comment